The Therapist is responsible for assisting the Spa Manager with the daily operation with the Rock Spa. Responsible for providing accurate, therapeutic and above all Kick Ass treatments to guests while adhering to brand standards and guidelines.
1. To work as part of the spa therapy team to consistently provide the highest possible standard of guest service, creating a sensory journey for guests helping them to rest, relax and regain a sense of balance and harmony in their lives.
2. Work closely with the Spa Manager to communicate goals and objectives, policies and procedures, prices and relevant information to spa team.
3. Responsible for having working knowledge of all treatments and spa functions including policies, procedures, treatments and sops.
4. Must follow through with brand standards in the execution of the treatments.
5. Maintain cleanliness of all areas, both guest facing and BOH.
6. Ensure all treatment rooms are clean and stocked prior to and after all treatments including linens, towels, products and all other required items necessary to perform services accurately.
1. Maintain effective communication with all staff; provide recognition to others.
2. Participate in meetings with staff to learn about incentive programs, new products and procedures, special events, etc.
3. Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and Guests.
4. Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
5. Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from Guests, employees and managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/hotel performance.
6. Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we blow away Guest expectations.
7. Participate in Sound Check meetings on each shift.
8. Maintain presence during peak traffic periods.
9. Communicate with other employees (including use of log books) to ensure that guest requests and issues are addressed as needed.
10. Present a professional image to employees, Guests and clients of the hotel.
11. Give input for Guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat Guests.
12. Know, understand and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock Hotels unique.
13. Be available to provide Amplified Service and take initiative to offer assistance throughout the hotel.
14. Operate ethically to protect the image of Hard Rock and utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet.
15. Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies and guidelines, Federal and State Regulations.
16. Perform additional duties as requested by Spa Manager or General Manager.
1. High school degree preferred and/or previous work experience in service for at least 2 years.
2. Appropriate school credentials and licenses in place and valid.
3. Understanding of lifestyle hotel products and Guest services
4. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
5. Perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing.
6. Use logic to define problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations.
7. Computer skills (Microsoft Office).
1. Comprehend and use basic language, either written or spoken, to communicate information and ideas.
2. Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
3. Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required.
1. Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling and bending) for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
3. Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
4. Ability to obtain impressions through the eyes.
5. Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination and ability to work with hands above shoulders.
6. Ability to frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds
7. Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
8. Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals and loud/noisy environment.