We are presently seeking a Sous Chef who will be responsible for supporting the Executive Chef with overall Kitchen Operations, to ensure that the guest experience is accurate, efficient and exceptional. This person will assist in supervision of all areas of the kitchen including outlets, banquets, stewarding. They must create an exceptional climate of professional and personable service that ensures the engagement of employees, guests and owners.
• Oversee the daily operations of all areas of the kitchen including outlets, banquets, stewarding, while maintaining presence during peak traffic periods.
• Manage the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates while providing a safe environment. Train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles and discipline as appropriate.
• Plan and manage the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food in the hotel in a safe, sanitary, cost effective manner.
• Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate standards and regulations.
• Assist in the development and implementation of menus and back-up (use records, production lists, pars, training, etc...) within company guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
• Execute and promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
• Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
• Date all food containers and rotate as per standard, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
• Check pars for shift usage; determine necessary preparation and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
• Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per standards.
• Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment and work areas. Use all equipment in accordance with safety guidelines and standards.
• Monitor and control product, supply and labor costs using established methods to meet goals. Report any hazards, damage, or needed repairs.
• Work with the Executive Chef and Director for Food and Beverage regarding hotel business, keeping them informed of all pertinent activities and issues.
• Conduct Sound Check meetings with staff, share information about incentive programs, new products and procedures, special events, etc.
• Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we blow away Guest expectations.
• Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and guidelines, Federal and State Regulations.
• Perform additional duties as requested by Executive Chef.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a college or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides knowledge, skills and abilities. Bachelor’s degree in culinary field is preferred.
• Must possess at least two years of prior work experience in culinary service; Hotel F&B experience including knowledge of banquets and catering strongly desired.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
• Ability to move throughout the kitchen (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
• Ability to frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds, occasionally 50 pounds.