The Manager of Corporate Culinary will play a key role in the development of strategies and tactics designed to drive system traffic, revenue and growth through the development and deployment of food platforms. This position will be responsible for working with a cross functional team encompassing Training, Operations, R&D, Marketing, Finance, and Purchasing. The Manager of Culinary will support the Corporate Executive Chef with the Product Development process, responsible for multi-million dollar initiatives. He/she must strive to find the product/menu white space in our category that allows for the brand to differentiate itself from its competitors and uncover new revenue growth opportunities, as well as continually optimizing the existing menu. Responsible for the entire process of building new recipes, from initial ideation, to building recipes, to implementation of those recipes, the manager of culinary must possess a thorough working knowledge of culinary operations, culinary purchasing and the ability to effectively manage food costs/profits.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Work collaborate with other Research & Development professionals to foster creative ideas rooted in consumer preference that can deliver sales & traffic growth.
- Executes comprehensive ideas and strategies that can provide sales-building platforms across Hard Rock Cafes globally.
- Develops relationships with and leverages suppliers & distributors to initiate and execute new food innovation that can be executed worldwide.
- Be a leader in pipeline development and testing gateways to ensure consumer tested and innovation pipelines are filled for years to come.
- A proven ability to transform current trends and information into profitable strategies for the business.
- Support key brand initiatives to ensure successful achievement of the Business Plan.
- Implement rollouts and tests both domestically and internationally in a fast-paced restaurant environment.
- Defines areas for brand-building opportunities by applying an understanding and knowledge of consumer, market and industry trends to serve competitively superior food and deliver new food news.
- Converts brand strategies into compelling core and promotional menu offerings that drive guest satisfaction, guest traffic and brand equity.
- Responsible and accountable for the consistent application of culinary development standards, processes and established methodologies; Ensures effective operations processes to support operations excellence
- Supports the translation of the development recipes and collaborates with culinary operations to simplify steps for executional replication both domestically and internationally.
- Coordinates product quality audits in conjunction with purchasing team to ensure end products meets specifications.
- Explores new and exciting culinary techniques and presentations; leverages inspiration from industry trends; searches for opportunities to infuse creativity into the development process, evolves cooking styles throughout the team.
- Travel will be required. Minimum 15-25% and Maximum 50% for larger menu rollouts, initiatives, activations.