The Junior Accountant is responsible for daily cash deposits, guest disputes/research, chargeback processing, clearing accounts balance sheet reconciliations, filing, scheduling various finance related meetings/tasks and payroll analysis and processing. Supports the Finance Administrator and Director of Finance in the daily operations of the Finance department.
· Participate in the creation of financial reports and forecasts according to hotel policy and practice. Be prepared to support findings.
· Participate month end close process and ensure all deadlines are met and proper reporting completed.
· Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations to include full support and completion of reconciling entries for all clearing, gift certificate and any Trade accounts.
· Maintain financial integrity of the property.
· Assist with routine posting and calculations.
· Ensure that all employees and department managers have reviewed time sheets for accuracy and completeness. Verify edits are properly documented and approved.
· Prepare payroll productivity reports for review by department heads.
· Answer guest inquiries and chargeback advices within 1 business day of receipt.
· Open and count all cashier deposits, reporting any discrepancies between actual counts and system totals.
· Process all daily deposits.
· Issue house banks and maintain contracts
· Process petty cash in accordance with SOP
· Maintain due-back log and keep reports of all transactions.
· Initiate house banks counts on all cashier banks during each months and during separation of employment of any cashier.
· Maintain the general cashier bank, ensuring that requested change is available.
· Route daily house charges, voids and adjustments
· Maintain office filing.
· Maintain scheduling/documentation of various finance related tasks including, but not limited to, closing schedules, inventory schedules, credit meetings, etc.
· Secondary school degree and/or previous work experience in Hospitality/Hotel Accounting for at least 2 years is required.
· Extensive cash handling experience preferred.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
· Proficient with hotel-specific platforms (MICROS Opera, Sabre/SYNXIS, Delphi, SUN, Profitvue, BBSI, ADP etc.) preferred.