The Front Desk/Star Service Agent is responsible for providing quick, efficient and above all Kick-Ass Service to all guests and visitors of the hotel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – FRONT DESK
· Register hotel Guests with an emphasis on fulfilling requests, following special handling instructions, and adhering to established credit policies and procedures.
· Select and block rooms for arriving Guests, pre-register individuals or groups as required, assist in escorting VIPs and return Guests to their rooms as requested.
· Work closely with the Guest services staff to coordinate the efficient handling of luggage and follow-up on Guest requests, room changes, etc.
· Ensure all Guest information is accurate and maintained in an organized manner.
· Utilize the property management system to run daily reports and block any special requests.
· Check Guests out of the hotel in accordance with procedures; make change, cash checks, exchange foreign currency, and post charges/make adjustments to Guest accounts.
· Maintain presence during peak traffic periods.
· Communicate with other employees (including use of log books) to ensure that guest requests and issues are addressed as needed.
· Present a professional image to employees, Guests, and clients of the hotel.
· Give input for Guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat Guests.
· Accept reservations, changes and cancellations in the absence of reservations staff.
· Reconcile all transactions at the end of each shift, cash out, and maintain a balanced bank.
· Promote room upgrades (up sell) and monitor and control product, supply and labor costs using established methods to meet goals.
· Work with Front Office Supervisors/Managers regarding hotel business to keep them informed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – PBX
· Promptly answer telephone calls speaking English, greet callers with a positive and clear voice. Listen to ascertain the correct extension. Reading and using a moderately complex computer console, direct calls to appropriate line. Requires sitting in a confined space for long periods of time to continuously perform essential functions.
· Transcribe complete messages and repeat information to verify accuracy. Input and retrieve messages from the computer as requested. Read and verbally recite exact messages for guests.
· Receive wake-up call information, input cautiously into the automated wake-up system and verbally confirm time to guest.
· Page guests and patrons using the public-address system in a courteous and understandable manner.
· Act as dispatcher for security, guest services and property operations employees. Provide timely information via paging system and two way radios to employees in response to emergencies and guest requests such as plumbing problems, airport shuttle service, etc.
· Briefly answer basic inquiries, time, extension numbers, outlet hours, etc.
· Immediately answer the emergency line, listen to details to identify nature of problem and respond appropriately in accordance with established procedures. Initiate emergency response as necessary and legibly document pertinent details
· Remain calm and polite especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity. Resolve complications and complaints such as missed wake up calls or missed messages using previous experience and good judgment.
· Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
· Maintain effective communication with all staff provide recognition to others.
· Participate in meetings with staff to learn about incentive programs, new products and procedures, special events, etc.
· Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and Guests.
· Resolve Guest complaints using hotel procedures.
· Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
· Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from Guests, employees and managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/hotel performance.
· Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we blow away Guest expectations.
· Participate in Sound Check meetings on each shift.
· Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all.