The Vice President of Finance will oversee and direct the financial affairs of the property. They will ensure a solid internal control environment to minimize financial risk, prepare financial analyses of operations, pro-formas of new projects, reviews systems for efficiency improvement, and lead and direct the strategic planning processes and other projects as required.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, analyzes and interprets statistical and accounting information in order to assess operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and industry benchmarks.
- In coordination with senior management, establishes major economic objectives and policies for the property and prepares reports that detail the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, cash flows and earnings based on past, present and future operations.
- Prepares and reviews pro-formas and budgets of new and existing operations.
- Analyzes and develops policies, procedures and systems to ensure effective internal controls, optimum efficiencies and improvement of processes.
- Ensures alignment of property processes and timelines with HRI processes, including monthly operational and financial reporting, monthly cash projections, forecasting, annual budgets and long-term projections.
- Collaborates with external auditors on the annual audit of the books and records on a standalone basis of the company. Works with other third parties on financial matters as necessary.
- Participates in the company's review of appropriate insurance coverage against property loss and potential liability.
- Oversees and directs all financial reporting in a timely and accurate manner, including the preparation of year end US GAAP compliant financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, capital statement, statement of cash flows and all footnotes and US GAAP compliant quarterly financial statements. Prepare financial reporting package on a monthly basis for the owner to assist the owner’s consolidation of the company.
- Ensures integrity of financial statements including the balance sheet.
- Supports the company cost control and operational efficiencies.
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Plans and manages the annual budgeting process for all departments.
- Establishes and administers all government reporting procedures to ensure accurate and timely information is provided in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Demonstrates fiduciary responsibility to senior management and the organization. Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.