The Director of Slot Operations is responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for guests and team members, promoting and retaining a highly skilled work force. The incumbent in this position is also responsible for operating and maintaining an efficient and profitable slot operations, as well as participating in company planning and direction. Directs the activities of the overall slot department, including staffing and performance of slots, and slot repair to ensure compliance with established regulations policies and procedures.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Creates an atmosphere that motivates guests to make Hard Rock their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Ensures delivery of superior internal and external guest service with every interaction.
- Assumes management responsibility for day-to-day operations and financial activities.
- Establishes and implements Slot Department standards, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Develops reporting and monitoring systems to accomplish operational objectives such as operational budgeting and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation.
- Maintains a constant awareness of the latest gaming regulations. Works with regulatory authorities and various internal control staff members to preserve control, assessment, and fulfillment of regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that team members receive adequate, timely and ongoing training and resources to accomplish established department objectives.
- Maintains, through subordinates and direct observation, a continuous awareness of all operational areas.
- Investigates new slot gaming devices with vendors and remains aware of state-of-the-art technology as related to the gaming industry.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining optimal floor layout in regards to machine placement.
- Responsible for maintaining designated pay-off percentages as designated by Hard Rock policy.
- Responsible for the career growth and development of subordinates and creation of a developmental climate that rewards servicing the guest.
- Other duties as assigned.